Louisa Mary Barwell (1800–1885) was an English musician and educational writer.
Barwell was born Louisa Mary Bacon in the parish of St. Peter Mancroft, Norwich, on 4 March 1800. She was the daughter of Richard Mackenzie Bacon by his wife Jane Louisa (Noverre), born 1768, died 1808. At the age of eighteen she was associated with her father in the editorship of the Quarterly Musical Magazine and Review. A talented musician with a fine voice, she played from score at sight.
After her marriage with John Barwell, wine merchant at Norwich (born 1798, died 1876), she devoted attention to educational works, developing a comprehension of child nature, physical and mental. She contributed to the Quarterly Journal of Education from about the year 1831, anticipating later views and plans of education. Her husband, who shared her interest in this subject, was largely instrumental in securing the success of a scheme by which a charity day-school for girls at Norwich was converted into an industrial training-school for girls.
With Philipp Emanuel von Fellenberg, in whose school at Hofwyl near Berne their sons were placed, the Barwells formed a close friendship.