Philip William Wheeldon OBE (1913 – 1992) was the fourth Bishop of Whitby, and subsequently twice Bishop of Kimberley and Kuruman.
He was educated at Clifton College and Downing College, Cambridge and ordained in 1938. After a Curacy at Farnham he was commissioned as Chaplain to the Forces, Fourth Class on 12 October 1939, and served throughout the Second World War. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire on 24 January 1946, for his service as Deputy Assistant Chaplain General to XII Corps from November 1944 (with the rank of Chaplain to the Forces, Second Class). When peace came he was successively chaplain to the Archbishop of York, General Secretary of the Central Advisory Council on Training for the Ministry and finally Prebendary of Wells Cathedral before elevation to the Episcopate in October 1954. After 7 years at Whitby he was translated to Kimberley and Kuruman. He served twice as Bishop, retiring once through ill-health but returning when his successor Clarence Edward Crowther was deported. In retirement he served as an Assistant Bishop, firstly in the Diocese of Worcester and latterly at Wakefield.